SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES COVID-19 Macroeconomic and Human Impact Assessment Data
Based on research conducted by Dr. Ankie Scott-Joseph
This report forms part of the COVID-19 Human and Economic Assessment of Impact (HEAT) Series. Among its recommendations are:
- Increase gender-responsiveness of COVID-19 policy responses.
- Broaden safety protection support in the form of enhanced unemployment insurance with extended duration, increased benefits, relaxed eligibility, and expanding
- social assistance coverage through the establishment of a Welfare Development Fund.
- Establish a food voucher/stamp system and/or a cash option for rapid disbursement
- Help create employment for persons in the tourism sector who have lost their jobs.
Subject areas: COVID-19 Gender equality and women’s empowerment Social protection Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)