CSW66 Side Event on Climate Change and VAW
You are invited to a CSW66 Side-Event on Climate Change and Gender-based Violence against Women and Girls, organized by UN Women along with leaders of the Action Coalitions on Gender-based Violence and Feminist Action for Climate Justice and other partners, under the umbrella of the 24-hour Generation Equality Forum side-events.
The side-event brings together experts and practitioners to highlight the linkages between the impacts of climate change and gender-based violence against women and girls; and identify possibilities and strategies for preventing and responding to GBV in the context of climate change.
- Reem Alsalem, UN Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- Cate Owren, Senior Gender Programme Manager, the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- Melania Chiponda, Policy Advocacy Lead, Pan African Climate Justice Alliance (PACJA)
- Hon. Powes Parkop, Governor of the National Capital District, Papua New Guinea
- Diana Dalton, Deputy Director and Head of the Gender and Equalities Department, UK’s Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO)
- Jamille Bigio, Senior Gender Coordinator, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Elizabeth Riley, Executive Director, the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA)
- Kalliopi Mingeirou, Chief of Ending Violence against Women Section, UN Women