UN Women Alumni Association
In celebration of the 10th anniversary of UN Women, we are inviting former colleagues who have worked with UN Women or its predecessor entities (UNIFEM, OSAGI, DAW, and INSTRAW) across the globe to write to if they have an interest in joining the Alumni Association.
The Alumni Association helps to connect UN Women alumni to the organization’s work, its current staff, and each other. It is a forum where former colleagues from UN Women and its predecessor entities can unite and collaborate globally, renew their contact with each other and with UN Women, and help promote UN Women’s mission towards the achievement of gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls.
- Promote the mission and activities of UN Women through social networking, meetings, conferences, and fund-raising events in support of UN Women and its objectives.
- Provide an opportunity for speaking engagements by alumni and their participation in UN Women events as invitees, to promote UN Women’s work among interested groups, including the public, young people, scholars, academia, research and development institutes, non-governmental organizations, trade unions, faith-based organizations, and the private sector.
- Maintain and strengthen personal and professional ties between alumni and current UN Women employees, so that they are well informed on activities and can bring them to public attention.
- Coordinate with the international emergency relief and development communities to facilitate alumni involvement in the field in various capacities.
- Keep members informed of the activities of the Alumni Association and UN Women, as well as associated groups, such as the UNIFEM Reunion Group and other UN Staff Associations, as far as they pertain to their interests.
Currently in production and coming soon, “UN Women@10 – The book” tells the story of UN Women in a creative and captivating manner. It provides the reader with a history of the organization, from its creation through its commendable achievements over the past 10 years. In this book, UN Women gives space to its partners, beneficiaries, and staff to share their voices and articulate how UN Women has grown to be effective and impactful in changing the lives of women and girls around the world. The book also provides an opportunity for UN Women to thank all our partners and collaborators who helped us be as amazing as we have become over the past ten years.